How to get your bowl and soup
- Choose your favorite bowl from the thousands of handmade bowls donated by area potters and students.
- Pay for your bowl(s). It’s $20 per bowl. Make checks payable to the Austin Empty Bowl Project. Your donation goes further with cash or check, however, we still accept credit cards.
- Get your new bowl washed before you get soup.
- Get your bowl filled with soup and bread from some of Austin’s finest restaurants.
- Enjoy your soup while listening to local, live music.
- Check out the Austin Empty Bowl t-shirts. They’re just $10 each and help cover the cost of the event. Make checks payable to the Austin Empty Bowl Project
- Check out the Quilt by Nancy Elder! Quilt drawing tickets are $1.00 each. The drawing is at 3 p.m.
- Bid on a celebrity bowl or artist bowl in the silent auction area.
- Have your bowl wrapped up to take home with you.
After you’ve enjoyed your soup, you are invited to bid on bowls signed by your favorite celebrities or crafted and/or decorated by local and national clay artists. You must make bids in person, but you don’t have to be present to win. Bidding ends at 3:00 on the day of the event.